A Cornish school has been affected by a new case of Covid-19 with some Year 9 pupils being told they must be in self-isolation until December 21.
It follows two earlier positive coronavirus tests at Richard Lander School, in Truro which saw 60 pupils in Year 11 being asked to self-isolate.
Last month it was confirmed by Cornwall Council that 30 children were self-isolating after a separate Covid case at Richard Lander. In September there were more cases as two people tested positive within the school setting.
New emails have been sent out by head teacher Steve Mulcachy this weekend to those in Year 9 who have been in close contact with the affected person and telling them to self-isolate until and including Monday, December 21 (10 days after contact).
You can stay up to date on the top news and events near you with CornwallLive’s FREE newsletters – enter your email address at the top of the page.
He says: “We have been made aware that we have a confirmed positive case of coronavirus (Covid-19) at Richard Lander School.”
A spokesperson for Cornwall Council said after the earlier cases: “The Department for Education and Cornwall Council are working together to support staff, parents and the children at Richard Lander following a confirmed case of Covid-19 at the setting.
“Sixty students from Year 11 in line with the latest government guidance. Cornwall Council’s public health team will continue to work closely with the school to ensure appropriate action is taken.
“Additional cleaning of the school is taking place. The school remains open for all other pupils, who should attend as normal if they are well. We need to remind everyone to help us limit the spread of the virus by adhering to Public Health advice.”