Child with metal cone stuck on their head sparks rescue operation

A child has been rescued after they got a metal cone stuck on their head.

The incident took place in Barn Lane in Bodmin earlier today (Tuesday, September 29).

Cornwall’s Fire and Rescue Service received a call from a member of the public at about 1pm.

You can stay up-to-date on the top news near you with CornwallLive’s FREE newsletters – find out more about our range of daily and weekly bulletins and sign up here or enter your email address at the top of the page.

Fortunately, the unnamed child was successfully released from the cone following the firefighters’ efforts.

It is not known if the child sustained any injuries in the incident.

A spokesperson for the fire service said: “One fire appliance was mobilised to an incident where a child had gotten a metal cone stuck on their head.

“Firefighters used small tools to release the child from the cone.”

Cornwall Live